Diet And Fitness 1 comments July 20th, 2016
When you are trying to lose weight,you need to make adjustments in your diet and in your lifestyle.
One of the adjustments required is to be wary and smart about what you are drinking.
WALKING AT MEDIUM PACE FOR 35mins WILL
HELP BURN 150kcal APPROXIMATELY.
IF YOU RE-HYDRATE USING A CAN OF SODA,IT WILL
PROVIDE 150kcal APPROXIMATELY.
You can see from the above scenario how easy a soda can counter your 35 mins of physical activity and equally surprising is the fact how commonly people just don't really think into it as your mind tells you hey, i just walked 35mins,a can of soda isn’t going to hurt.
HOW TO BE SMART ABOUT IT?
Remember the magic word,GLUCOSE CONTENT of the liquid.This is the most important constituent of a drink if you are weight watching and want to avoid extra calories.
Glucose is instant energy. If you are working out or physically engaging your body,glucose will provide you with instant energy.
However,if your body is not active,your glucose requirement is minimum so if the fluid’s glucose content is on the higher side, chances are that your body is not going to utilize it and it will end up getting stored as fat.
So,follow the scheme to drink smartly:
1. Look at the constituents of the drink.
2. Discard anything that has added sugar in it.Added sugar is the sugar added for taste enhancement and has absolutely no nutritional value.
3. Now, look at the natural sugar content and choose a drink that has the LOWEST SUGAR CONTENT & FIBER .Example fruit juices with pulp are superior to plain clear fruit juices because of the added fiber content.
BEST FLUIDS TO DRINK FOR CALORIE WATCHERS:
From the best to the worst,
2. LOW SUGAR DRINKS AS ICED TEA.
3. FRUIT JUICES WITH PULP.
4. FRUIT JUICES.
5. SODA/FAST FOOD STYLE MILK SHAKES,MALTS.